Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday morning roundup and response to comment

Obesity imperils childbearing.

Interfaith marriage can get ugly.

As unlikely as some events may seem, it behooves us to plan for the worst.

I stand corrected: Rand Paul is not named for Ayn Rand. Just a coincidence. I have to agree that things like allowances may "foster dependence.

Frank Rich's advice to the President is refreshingly out of sync with the "get mad!" chorus.

For your kids' sake, don't have ugly children. I LOVE the phrase, "“general unattractiveness rendered moot their sartorial choices.”" This reminds me of a Latin American short story but I can't remember what it's called. I'll look it up and get back to you.

Michael Chabon on Jews. For the record, I never grew up thinking we were disproportionately intelligent. That said, it's an interesting essay. See also Daniel Kurtzer's piece on the Israeli narrative.

These Race for the Cure message t-shirts are awesome.

Re: the Style Invitational, I meant cringe like you do at a bad pun that's still kind of funny--or that's funny because it's so bad.

No comments: