Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday evening roundup

Does this mean I hafta stop eating at McDonald's? Ouch--that's going to hurt.

Do not get me started about the logical inconsistencies of this letter (for example, since when is ignorance synonymous with innocence?). I don't understand why some people make devoutness inconsistent with truth, why they insist on classifying the realities of biology as dirty little secrets. Which brings us to this bull$hit:
Luciano recalled how a mother who was in the nearby play area walked up to her and said, "My 4-year-old son came up to me and asked 'why is that woman showing her booby?' and I don't know what to say."

Luciano recalled her reply was to tell him that she "is feeding her baby the way moms have fed their babies for millions of years."
It reminds me of when some mom said the same thing about her son seeing Daniel Radcliffe on TV in a clip from Equus. He was confused. Well, tell him that actors act.

Sure, there are some things your kids aren't ready to hear yet, maybe. It's your call, I guess. But this is hardly traumatizing material, people: tell your kids the truth.

No comments: