Wednesday, June 25, 2008

welcome home

I'd have a welcome home party for my laptop, but the budget for such a party has been blown by the cost of the repair. So instead, I'll just blog a lot... once I remember what I've been meaning to blog about.

Well, first of all, gut reactions (pun intended) to Gracie cat have taken on a cosmopolitan dimension. Last week, she inspired, "Mon dieu, ce chat est gros!"


On an entirely different note, there is something I would like to say to parents with their heads up their asses: you not only nauseate people, you also hurt the economy. I won't rant again about parents who take up entire aisles of stores with their strollers; this is worse: I'm talking about parents who take their sweet time in the supermarket while their kid's dirty diaper revolts everyone who just wants to buy produce. Do you think the rest of us linger and take the time to buy as much produce as we could, given the circumstances? These parents are damaging industry. Head-up-the-ass parenting is unAmerican.

The other day I mentioned this to someone who happens to have kids. She agrees, but says her sister no longer has the ability to smell her kids' dirty diapers. Whatever.

No comments: