Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's an employer and a search engine-- who knew?

For someone who feels very strongly that her daughter should work at Google, mom doesn't appear to understand what Google can do.

A.: Hello?
Mom: Where are you?
A.: In the supermarket, about to check out.
Mom: How do you find telephone numbers on the internet?
A.: Whitepages.com or...
Mom: Yahoo?
A.: Yahoo does have a people finder.
Mom: How do I get to it?

I tell her, she doesn't understand me. Which makes me wonder why she asks me for information over the phone that she won't understand. I say I'll e-mail it when I get home. Which I do, almost without getting caught in the rain. I would have made it if this bitch with a bad haircut didn't cut in front of me in line (well, technically she sneaked in just before I got a chance). She had a full cart. I had a red pepper, some strawberries, and a package of baby bellas. Anyway, I managed to bike to and from work, for the most part between the torrential downpours of the day and around a couple of fallen trees (very sad). Anyway, on the way home, I wondered why mom didn't just plug "find person" into Google. I over-thought it and it almost made my head hurt. Then I got over myself and e-mailed her the links.

No comments: