Sunday, June 15, 2008

I was just going to say that

Frank Rich gender-based voting.
More on the gender issue in this campaign.
By the way, I have to come clean: I, myself, have succumbed to sexist language, but I wonder whether it's as bad when it's used ironically? If, in the midst of a snowball fight, while skillfully pummeling an opponent, I tell him he 'throws like a girl;' or, in considering how, when my priorities are work, family/friends, arts, exercise, and staying informed (not necessarily in that order), things like cleaning, (to a lesser extent) cooking, ironing, etc. are not accomplished as much as I would like, I think to myself, 'I need a wife;' is that irony or sexism?

On that note, I'm off to clean the kitchen; then to do yoga; and then to shop for green fruit roll-ups for rice-krispie treat sushi to cater the SeaWorld that we've made out of our vacationing officemate's cubicle.

No comments: