Saturday, June 21, 2008

quick blog from the library

I'll start by thanking my parents for getting me out of the house this morning. I was enjoying a sluggish morning, following a difficult week, and then I called them, and they inspired me to blog. Since my laptop is currently being repaired, because that fat, hairy little $hit dropped it on the power jack, I had to get off my @$$ and go to the library to do so.

Mom: So, are you coming over for the Fourth?
A.: No, I don't think I'll make it this time. I have to be at work on the third, and tickets on the fourth are exorbitant...
Mom: Can't you miss whatever it is at work?
A.: No. No, I have to be there.
Mom: Don't you have vacation time?
A.: That's not the point. I have an event I have to go to that day.

***
Mom: Did you get my e-mail?
A.: Not yet, my laptop's in the shop.
Mom: How much are they charging for it?
A.: About $200.
Mom: You can get another laptop for that much.
A.: No, you can't. At least not one like the one I have.

***

Mom: Have you been riding to work?
A.: Well, I was, but I got two flats on the way home this week, so I need to figure out what's happening.
Dad: The tire burst?
A.: No, seeped. The first time I was pretty close to home; the second, it wasn't flat until after I got home.
Dad: You need to get rid of that tube-- it's not good.
A.: Well, clearly, since it has a tear in it.

This wouldn't be extraordinary, but my dad's predeliction for this type of platitude is as strong as mom's for telling me I should work at Google.

No comments: