Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hello again

Hello, my friends. I know I've slacked on blogging over the lat couple of weeks. Apparently, I also slacked on calling home, and my mother let me know about it with an angry phone call on Tuesday night.

Mom: What's wrong with you? Why haven't you called?
A.: We talked on Sunday.
Mom: We did?
A.: Yes; is your computer issue resolved?
Mom: Yes, it was fine when I turned it on the next day.

Mom: Why haven't you called?
A.: I've had no time whatsoever. Wendy's here, I've been working a lot...
Mom: Why have you been working a lot?
A.: I just have.
Mom: Will you get to take that time off later?
A.: Not really...

[I really wish mom would stop concerning herself with my vacation time and work time in general. Sometimes I need to work late, sometimes I don't. The situation works itself out without her management.]

Mom: Is it hot where you are?
A.: It's getting better. It was awful over the last few days.

Mom goes on for about ten minutes about how they went to the lake and it was just wonderful. I felt vindicated because I was telling Wendy over the weekend about how one of the drawbacks of this area is that there are no natural swimming opportunities and how mom reminds me of this almost every time she calls over the summer.

No comments: