Saturday, November 3, 2007

Carnival

I checked my messages when I get home, called mom back to say yes I did get the e-mail she forwarded. She asked me if I liked it (sure... I didn't tell her that I didn't make it to the end (or even a quarter-way through) the 100+ slides of pictures of Carnival in Rio). I opted not to pick a fight (that's her job) either about calling so late-- after 10pm is just never a good time-- or spamming me with really long, stupid forwarded e-mails, but that was before I checked my e-mail and found a really pointless and offensive, politicized animated Halloween card. Picking fights aside, I've confronted her about the spam in the past, to no avail. All in all, I was impressed that she didn't add a "where could you possibly be at 10pm on a Saturday night" line to her message, nor interrogate me about it afterward. At least that's something.

No comments: