Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snowy Thursday morning roundup

Theodore R. Johnson suggests that Black History Month would be more beneficial were it less history-oriented.

LEGO ads didn't used to be detrimental to creativity:
What’s the problem with girl LEGOs? Why is everyone against pink?, ask many parents. I’ll let Rachel Giordano answer that question: “Because gender segmenting toys interferes with a child’s own creative expression. I know that how I played as a girl shaped who I am today. It contributed to me becoming a physician and inspired me to want to help others achieve health and wellness. I co-own two medical centers in Seattle. Doctor kits used to be for all children, but now they are on the boys’ aisle. I simply believe that they should be marketed to all children again, and the same with LEGOs and other toys.”
Side boob is in (and there are plenty of cosmetic surgeons out there, now legally permitted to implant the perfect shape).

The value of diamonds is all in your mind, but there are plenty of marketers out there convincing you to drop tons of money on them.

All I can say is NSFW.

Lotus flower for my first world problem: this is the least work-disruptive snow day we've had so far, but still. I'm going to try to pry open the trunk of my car so I can get the shovel out, then engage in lots of quality shoveling time, and then, probably, work from home.

No comments: