Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday roundup

Oh, Texas!
 
I haven't read "Lean In" and I can't speak to whether Rosa Brooks interpreted the right message, but I wanted to link to her column together with this one, which I also only partially agree with. The shared topic is, what really makes someone a foreign policy expert? I don't know that the more you know, the less you talk, but I'd say that there's not a direct correlation: some very vocal people know a lot and other very vocal people are full of $hit. So then--back to Rosa Brooks--do you have to be out there all the time to maintain your go-to-expert status?

There are real issues with Common Core, but I don't think the use of letters in math is one of them.
 
As I keep telling you guys, these straight-talking columns to women are actually pretty insulting to men.
 Carolyn points out that anyone can have issues, so don't dismiss someone who's coming to terms with her past.

Pictures of (people in) Russia.

No comments: