Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snowy Thursday afternoon roundup

Of course I only discipline other people's kids when there's no other adult supervision (even when there is parental presence). A snow day ago I told off a small child for telling me that I'd used a lot of toilet paper (she used the stall after I did, and caught me on my way out after I washed my hands). I told her that, actually, the toilet paper had been accumulating rather than flushing, but that it was none of her business and that what she said wasn't very polite, but that she wasn't my problem. If your kids are in the business of disciplining other people's adults, those adults automatically have the right to discipline those kids right back.

For all we know, Karlie Kloss could be naturally emaciated, but the point remains that the extreme thinness valued in the fashion industry comes at an aesthetic cost as well as a social one.

I didn't love the dress, but that's because FLOTUS was drowning in it, not because I was hoping she'd dress for People of Walmart.

No comments: