Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day roundup and ramble

This is your fish on drugs.

This advice for viral videos is great for any communication: make it about the message, not about you.

I've always been a fan of the less-is-more workout routine.


The takeaway is that flabby 47-year old men are not the catch they think they are. I partly bring this up because of the double-standard: flabby women of any age should apparently know that they're not universally attractive. Look, I've only seen one episode of "Girls" and didn't get the fuss; a friend and I were just talking about how those vapid, self-absorbed 20-somethings annoy the $hit out of us. But what annoys me even more is when people--including another friend--go on about how the last episode would never have happened in real life. Whatever.

Check out these epic cooking fails, and then, these Metro-appropriate valentines.

That's one mating option.

This response to police, upon being pulled over, is not one they hear a lot.

***
I've succeeded, unintentionally, in becoming indifferent toward Valentine's Day. I even like it. Today, two people whom I don't hear from a lot got in touch with me to wish me a happy anti-Valentine's Day. Also, it's a great time to have a party: I did some shopping today and the supermarkets were empty. Empty. Last year on Valentine's Day (when I was in a relationship), I took my cat to the vet; the vet's office was empty. No wait! A few months later, I took my cat to the vet again, and there was a huge wait, and a dog peed on the kitty carrier. On a side note, as I went through a variety of miniature crises in the weeks after that relationship ended, I noted that I felt no less alone than I did when I went through similar crises as part of a couple. Anyway, apparently, almost everyone hates Valentine's Day. I'm a natural candidate for hating Valentine's Day, for many reasons. But I'm over it.

No comments: