Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday roundup

What's the deal with brominated vegetable oil?

Can everyone get solar?

This article would be so much stronger without the anti-feminist tone, but I agree with this:
Chivalry is about respect. It is about not harming or hurting others, especially those who are more vulnerable than you. It is about putting other people first and serving others often in a heroic or courageous manner. It is about being polite and courteous. In other words, chivalry in the age of post-feminism is another name we give to civility. When we give up on civility, understood in this way, we can never have relationships that are as meaningful as they could be.

Wow and word.

BTW, I caught an episode--perhaps the pilot--of "Project Mindy" on the flight last night. It was awesome--very funny and very real. The mess she was on her date was the mess I was on my last date.

1 comment:

Ernessa T. Carter said...

Oh yay!!! You're back! You're back!

And can I just tell you how much I love THE MINDY PROJECT? It's one of those shows that's getting better and better as it goes along. I just saw the holiday episode, and I was *shrieking*, I was so involved. Jealous that you get to watch it from the beginning over the TV winter break.