Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend photo essay

I went to Artomatic with some friends yesterday. Photos were allowed and encouraged, but I should have done a better job of capturing artists' names. Still, hopefully even the nameless ones will inspire those of you who are local to check it out for yourselves. Note that some of these are mine and some were taken by a friend with a much better camera.
[My bad, didn't note the artist. If you're the artist and you find this, please let us know who you are.]
Tatiana Shchekodina
Tatiana Shchekodina
Marc Cates
Marc Cates
Art, and me, admiring it.
DC Glass Works (I think).
Rahul Saha
Diana Quinn
Diana Quinn
After Artomatic, we came to my house and indulged Gracie's hammy nature:
,
Afterward, we went too see the Tantallon Players' production of Guys and Dolls. It was a lot of fun, and you wouldn't have found better voices (or acting) on Broadway. I'm not the only one who thought so. This morning I saw The Arlington Players' production of "A Little Night Music," and I had the same thought. The voices were incredible. These two shows were extra special to me because in both cases, I know someone in the cast. It's so incredible to watch people you know participate in art. More generally, it's even more incredible to be surrounded by so much art. We only hit three of Artomatic's eleven floors, and were already overwhelmed with the talent, genius, and drive to create.

No comments: