Saturday, September 17, 2011

Phone call

On Thursday evening, I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the phone with my parents trying to tell them how to reset their Skype language to English. They had somehow managed to change it to Greek, and couldn't get it back. Eventually, we found success. That was on one computer; on the other, Skype's not working at all. My mom tried to convince me that this was some Microsoft conspiracy to phase out Vista--she was convinced that incompatibility with Vista was the issue. Eventually, she believed me when I told her it wasn't, and told her to uninstall and reinstall the program. This is where we left things. I had a message from her earlier today--early afternoon--asking to call when I had a chance, so we could compare Skype properties. So I called.

Mom: Hello?
A.: Hi.
Mom: Oh, hi! Where are you?
A.: Home.
Mom: Oh. You didn't hear my call?
A.: What call? You mean from this afternoon?
Mom: Yeah.
A.: Yeah, I wasn't home then.
Mom: Oh?
A.: No.
Mom: Well, I played with it but gave up, and now we're having dinner.
A.: Okay, you can call me whenever.
Mom: Okay.

No comments: