Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday evening roundup

Why we need immigration reform now and how some very good people are putting out fires in the meantime.

Families are going hungry and kids aren't immune to the psychological consequences.

Mark Bittman effectively and graphically demonstrates the point I made last week: home cooking costs less than junk food.

Your friends and family definitely influence your eating habits.

Yes, leather is as cruel as fur. But the difference, practically--which translates somewhat, though not entirely, to a difference ethically--is that it's very difficult (and expensive) to find decent synthetic shoes. I have tried. I know I can't rest my case solely with what's on Zappos, but it's a microcosm of what's available elsewhere. And it's (literally) not pretty.

No comments: