Monday, May 19, 2008

wake up

Ugh. I'll agree with Marie Cocco, but I can't deal with some of the just don't get it. Just like it's not about whom you'd like to have a beer with, it's not about the demographic whose turn it is: do these people not realize what's at stake? This makes me all the angrier because it goes back to the accusations that women don't get the issues.

And don't even get me started on the elitism thing-- let's just get someone "just like us," someone who can't point out Iraq on a map, for president. Idiocracy all the way. Call me an elitist, but I want the leader of the country to be smart/educated/accomplished. Not that any of the candidates aren't, but the whole elitism angle is just absurd.

I for one am glad that I'm supporting the candidate shunned by ignorant people. Just watch the first few minutes.

No comments: