Thursday, April 24, 2008

rambling and link

You can probably guess that I don't keep kosher, but I do observe Passover (at least in terms of diet). This is not unusual. Nonetheless, I had to laugh today when at a goodbye lunch for an intern at RFD today, the only pescetarian and "passover-friendly" (not I did not say Kosher for Passover) item on the menu that was not a salad, was mussels. So I ordered mussels because I couldn't have pizza or pasta or a sandwich, because it's Passover.

***
The Safeway in Rosslyn is the most on-the-way for me (although it is not on the way at all). I metroed over, shopped, went to metro back. A Greenpeace activist was trying to stop people, mostly unsuccessfully. I'm all about stopping Japanese whaling boats, but no one wants to be lectured after work during rush hour. And as I've said, self-righteousness and presumption are not formulas for success. So as she cried out to people, "please tell me you care about the environment! it's 30 seconds..." I thought that's 30 seconds too many to carry these groceries and I have a train to catch. Except the doors closed on me as soon as I got to the platform, and there was not another blue line for fifteen minutes (which during rush hour is particularly unacceptable), and then that blue line was too packed to board. And then the next one was too packed to board, and the next one was not listed. So I cut my losses and rode the other way to L'enfant so I could transfer from there. And there, it was complete baseball-game related madness, but I managed to board a yellow line and get home. The whole time I thought, as much as I do not love dealing with metro delays with groceries during an especially crazy rush hour, this worst commuting day so far is better than the commute I used to have.

***
I didn't mean to ramble. I only came here to post this link.

No comments: