Saturday, February 17, 2007

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

A.: I accidentally left Gracie out on the porch on Monday-- she likes to go out after her dinner and doesn't always want to come in before I have to leave for class; sometimes I have to catch her and bring her back in. I had just gotten home from work and had to leave almost immediately, and just forgot her out there. Luckily it wasn't a very cold night.

Dad: Well, with the weather you all have, it's not a big deal.

A.: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Dad: What is your problem?

A.: How many times do we have to go over this? The weather we have is not all that different from the weather you have.

Dad: Well, it's not like you get temperatures in the teens...

A.: Yes, we do. We had temperatures in the teens almost every night this week, luckily except Monday.

Dad: Why are you so upset about this?

A.: Because we've one over this hundreds of times.

Dad: So what?

A.: So get it through your head that DC weather is not very different from Boston weather, please. Or stop making "DC is always warm" comments.

Dad: Can't you just let it go?

A.: No!

***

Dad: Why did you wash this suit??

[I'm actually in Boston for work; the person I'm meeting with is conveniently only available on Tuesdays, so the long weekend seemed to be a good time to go. I grabbed a wool suit that I had stupidly washed because I'd had no other choice, and now I was pleading for help in ironing it to its original form.]

A.: Because I didn't have time to take it to the dry cleaner's.

Mom: At Google, they'd dry-clean your suits for you.

No comments: