Sunday, December 27, 2009

Screaming match

Mom: SUCH A BIG FAVOR, GOING UPSTAIRS AND LOOKING IN THE FULL-SIZED MIRROR.
A.: DROP IT, MOM!

***
Earlier

Dad: Don't wear that coat until you've fixed the lining.
A: Okay. I'll fix it right now.
Mom: I'll do it--I can do it faster.
A.: It's not a problem--I can do it.
Mom: No, I'll do it.

A little later

Dad: Mom says, pick a jacket out of the closet so we can go, because it's going to take forever to fix the lining on your coat.
A.: Okay.
Mom: Try this one.
A.: I can tell by looking at it that it's too big.
Mom: Just try it.

I just try it.

Mom: It looks fine.
A.: No, mom, it looks ridiculous.
Mom: Here, let me button it the rest of the way.
A.: It's too big, mom.
Mom: It's fine. Go look upstairs in the full-sized mirror.
A.: NO. I can tell right here that it's too big.
Mom: JUST TRY IT.
A.: No!
Mom: IT LOOKS GOOD!
A.: It looks like a joke.

A., to dad, handing him my phone: Would you take a picture of me [so I can later post on my blog how ridiculous I look in this oversized coat]?
Dad: Sure.

Mom: It looks good! Go upstairs and look.
A.: No!
Mom: Fine! I won't fix your coat.
A.: Fine! I'm not asking you to fix my coat!
Mom: Two people are telling you that it looks good, but no, you know better. You know everything.
A.: Well, yes. I'll be wearing it. And I don't like it.
Mom: JUST TRY IT. WOULD IT KILL YOU TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR UPSTAIRS?
A.: I DON'T NEED TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR UPSTAIRS!
Mom: I'M TELLING YOU IT LOOKS GOOD.
A.: I'M NOT WEARING IT, MOM!
Mom: It looks much better than what you usually wear.
A.: That would be scary, but whatever.
Mom: I'm not fixing your coat.
A.: Fine. [I walk away]
Mom: IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU.
A.: LET IT GO, MOM.
Mom, walking after me: Just look upstairs.
A.: LEAVE ME ALONE, MOM.

No comments: