Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday roundup

The evolving role of Egyptian TV.

A balanced take on Snowden and Greenwald.

Charles Blow on Maya Angelou.

Yes, scientists do know their stuff better, but scientists don't know everything.

Are you going to be in Manhattan for Manhattanhenge?

Balance in a relationship is good, but respect no matter what is even better.

This week in French songs in my head: "Sympathique" (it was "L'anamor" for a while). I don't know what it is about French songs that make them stick, but in this case, "je ne veux pas travailler" was what brought it to mind. As I pointed out on Twitter, the song's not entirely applicable because I always veux dejeuner, and I certainly don't fume. But I love, love, "C'est magnifique ĂȘtre sympatique
Mais je n'le connais jamais."

No comments: