Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saturday evening roundup

If you want to understand what's going on in the Ukraine, turn off your TVs now; David Remnick and Masha Lipman actually know what they're talking about. Also, check out these maps.

I think I forgot to tell you guys about Ag Gag passing in Idaho.

Oh ffs... actually, it's almost better to say super-offensive $hit in super-offensive terms that reveal exactly how obnoxious the underlying beliefs are.

I've been saying for years that men will f* anything, but it's one of those things where I wish I were wrong. But I'm more right than I'd thought.

I'm kinda ready to be done with the end-of-men stuff, but this is so resonant. The language is a bit corny (and it's written by a guy!), and it applies to unmarried couples as well:

She has no choice but to LEAD if you’re not trying

By “lead”, I mean being the one who chooses to OWN your part in the marriage and the household. So many men will complain about their “bossy wife” or their “nagging wife” or their “disrespectful” wife. Why? …because they deserve it. Your wife will rightfully expect and appreciate some leadership from you! Leadership is an important part of the attraction formula. Many men allow their women to lead everything...
It’s no wonder these guys find themselves begging for morsels of respect and physical affection. They don’t deserve it...
This type of leadership will finally allow her to feel safe, trusting, and relaxed because YOU have stepped up. A woman lucky enough to have a man like this doesn’t have to resort to nagging or bossing. With the right level of leadership she will respect you, partner with you and be proud of you.

No comments: