Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday evening roundup

Look at all the plastic bags and cigarette butts, among other things, that end up in the ocean. Then check out these sea butterflies.
 
Another way in which coal kills.

Save the planet (and help food security): eat bugs. You can also help food security by reforming the food aid system.
 
Do hurry up and get this awesome food-transparency app fixed for Android. I'm heartened by the traffic surge: people really care about what they eat! Is it also for other stuff?
 
Just because a celebrity does something doesn't mean that thing is best for everyone.

Where to start with this dress-for-success distraction? I do advocate the "plain-Jane look," but not suspenders. I faux-apologized to my coworkers today for wearing open-toed flats and no make-up, particularly outside the building. They faux-critiqued me for misrepresenting the organization.
 

No comments: