Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Your blogger is angry again

People complain about smug vegetarians, but what about smug meat-eaters, who, by the way, are wrong. And--I'm so sick of this question--why is the alternative to meat presented as fake meat? Are these meat-eaters so meat-centric that they don't realize that there are legions of happy vegetarians who don't (regularly) consume fake meat? That there are plenty of natural, tasty alternatives? Check out the latest installment of Recipes for Health and tell me how many of these entail meat?

Update: The bf's response to the Food and Wine piece:"Was she paid by the meat lobby? Not only is she wrong, but she seems like a terrible and manipulative person."

By the way, the bf and I left a restaurant the other night because they had not a single vegetarian dish. Not a one. Not even substantive vegetarian appetizers. And I'm not even talking vegan; I mean vegetarian. It was a travesty. I could have sucked it up and had seafood--although I truly prefer not to--but he doesn't eat seafood, so he would have been stuck. And a dining experience should be fun, not strained. So we left.

While I have your attention: what makes for a hyperpolyglot? I agree, there are diminishing returns after five or so.

No comments: