Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday evening roundup/ramble

I've been meaning to blog about this all day. I think the better question--and it's been asked by many newspapers and magazines--is, "what is left and right anymore?" I don't see how the concepts that the interviewees credit to the right, are the exclusive purview of the right.

I've heard friends say that they're "more and more libertarian everyday." Well, I heard one friend say that. It was in reference to carseat laws; who is the government to tell her she can't take the kid out of the carseat for a single second? But I've heard other friends--other government employees--talk about the inefficiencies they see every day. I don't blame or disagree with them. But isn't that an issue of more efficient government, not more or less?

***
Two articles, from last week's Outlook section, on the role and limits of words.

No comments: