Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday roundup

Richard Hass's foreign policy lessons from the first Gulf War, including, "limited goals are often wise."

Beyond Cecil: social issues in Zimbabwe.

China is outsourcing... to the U.S.

Eating animal products: bad for the planet, bad for you.

It would be wrong to concern-troll women who feel the need to pay thousands of dollars for a post-baby-delivery stylist, but I'm really f*ing glad I'm not one of them. Same for women looking to correct their Bitchy Resting Face. I love my BRF and I won't have the concept appropriated from something that allows women to be ourselves to something that has to be corrected.

This is a generally great response to the idea of 'never foods' (remember, I called out HuffPo for writing that you should "never" eat white rice). The article also supports the idea that nutrition is about everyday foods, not gimmicks. 

Bill Nye's video response to trolls is delightful.

No comments: