Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday roundup

Heartbreaking human trafficking epidemic in Bangladesh and child labor among Syrian refugees in Jordan. Also: water crisis in Yemen.

Very inspiring video about a soccer team of ebola survivors.

Michigan punished a brain cancer patient's family.

Meat: it's what exacerbates antibiotics resistance. Any surprise that we recall tons and tons?

Eggs are almost never humane.

Go ahead, have immitation meat.

Restaurants that overwhelmingly serve meat are not green, no matter how farm-to-plate they are.

Exercise to feel better now.
 
Anti-neutrino detection is very cool.

Surprise! Men who harass women online are losers.

Some great insights on nudity without objectification.

I don't have the energy to get into why this is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read, and I can't believe TNR reprinted it. Does it occur to that dude to mention that there's a nonproliferation regime in place that has helped slow proliferation? I'd love that kind of honey-badger don't-give-a-shit confidence to write authoritatively about shit I know nothing about, but, for one thing, I have the wrong anatomy for that kind of thing and tend to stick with what I know (not that anatomy stops everyone).

No comments: