Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday roundup

Why are some people encouraging moocher ranchers?

In one week, the world lost Jacob Birnbaum and Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Peoria, the police state. Oh, and Disneyland, too (the crime there: having large breasts).

On free speech and free criticism, XKCD nails it.

The mommy wars serve no one--I largely agree with that--but I still want to tell this woman to get over herself. She's not at the level of these ridiculous parents, and she has legitimate concerns, but I'm done with the sanctimony. You're exhausted? I'm exhausted, too. Stop blaming feminism or "the larger feminist narrative," whatever you think that is. To me, the larger feminist narrative is that we each have a choice and need to own it.

Don't name your baby kale--especially if you think it's going to inspire him/her to eat healthily. I can only speak for myself, but I'd have rebelled and never touched the stuff.

No comments: