Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday morning roundup

Elephant mourns loved one.

It's a nice try, but Boston Review's GMO debate could be more balanced.

Jack Norris responds to Christina Sterbenz's absurd nutritional claims; the bottom line is that there's good iron and even better B12 to be had on a plant-based diet. Most of her other claims are so silly that addressing them would make me stupid, but the 'feeling left out' issue may be worth discussing. Eschewing animal products can make social events, including holidays, more complicated. But in this day and age, so many people are choosing plant-based diets for all the excellent reasons that it's time for their friends and families to get with it and make that a non-issue.

Well, if I'd known for sure I'd have time off, I'd have made my way up to New England for Brown's nudity week.

I'm still here. So call your elected representatives and get me back to work, please.

No comments: