Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Collected gripes

-What idiot designed the metro with the slipperiest platform tiles possible?
-Ixnay on John Frieda's Secret Weapon, which is supposed to be a fix-all for out-of-control hair. It just makes my hair greasy.
-With the warm weather come the smokers. Who still smokes these days???
-Have you heard about how the Air Force thinks its budget is too small, so it's asking for money to run ads to convince the public that it needs more money? In case that's not inane enough, wait until you're reading the Washington Post only to have your page "blacked out" by an Air Force ad (the concept being, "blackouts can happen any time." I was so freaked out by this that I closed it before the ad revealed what its point was supposed to be.
-Bitter, short-sighted voters who threaten to vote for the other party if their primary candidate should lose the nomination. I certainly have a strong preference for one candidate (and while I won't name names, I haven't gone out of my way to hide that preference on these pages), but I'd still vote for the other in the general election for many reasons. A pro-wire-hanger candidate will never get my vote.

No comments: