Saturday, October 20, 2018

My camera for two weeks

I don't love my camera. I bought it because it was indestructible (and waterproof), but the picture quality isn't great. I didn't realize that until  I was disappointed with my Peru pictures, because I didn't have time to test it out in the months before the trip. Since then, I've been disappointed with my South Africa, Balkans, and Borneo pictures, and I want a better camera for my next trip.

I did a bunch of research (let me tell you how sick of online product research I am, between my kitchen appliances, mattress, and other stuff) and settled on a refurbished Panasonic Lumix. I was wary of getting a refurbished camera, but I came to realize I wasn't going to get the quality I wanted for the price I wanted with a new camera. I was determined not to make the same mistake; this time, I would test out the camera and figure out how to use it. So the first thing I did was take it around town. It did not disappoint.


The zoom was amazing!






I took it to North Carolina and it performed well. I took close pictures of gargoyles from far away. Yay new camera!

I went to transfer the last of the NC pictures when I got home... and the viewfinder was shot! I hadn't dropped or otherwise damaged it in any way (if I did, it was very, very sensitive to minor contact). Luckily, I'd discovered the issue in time to return it and get a new one. I ended up finding one model up new for the same price. Let's hope that one lasts!

No comments: