Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday roundup

What the world's most powerful nation says, matters.

The progressive left needs to put its ideas into implementable policies; it doesn't need to play dominance games. Please read every word of that last piece by Melissa McEwan, particularly the excerpt from Ginger McKnight-Chaver. See also, this.

What do we keep saying about meat?
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is expected to announce the largest recorded “dead zone” in the Gulf of Mexico, where low oxygen levels cause marine life to suffocate and die. The culprit is believed to be toxins from manure and fertilizer from the meat industry flowing into waterways, The Guardian reports, based on a new report by environmental group Mighty.

The pollutants from meat production flowing into the water causes algae overgrowth, which then decomposes and depletes the oxygen. 
“This problem is worsening and worsening and regulation isn’t reducing the scope of this pollution,” Lucia von Reusner, campaign director at Mighty told The Guardian. “These companies’ practices need to be far more sustainable. And a reduction in meat consumption is absolutely necessary to reduce the environmental burden.” The report identifies Tyson Foods as a “'dominant' influence in the pollution, due to its market strength in chicken, beef and pork.”
I keep hearing about globalists.

So by now you've seen the transcripts (and if you haven't, you must). These two excerpts,
He told the New York Times this month of his speech in Poland: “Enemies of mine are saying it was the greatest speech ever made on foreign soil by a president.” 
He told the Associated Press in April of his speech to a joint session of Congress in January: “Some people said it was the single best speech ever made in that chamber.”
remind me of my WMF, or I should say my WMFF--well-meaning former friend. After the election, I officially couldn't deal with her anymore. But while we were friends, she'd said a couple of things that struck me as odd and unnatural. I gave her the benefit of the doubt at the time and later realized that they were absolute BS. She told me,

"People [in her position] have said, you're so smart, you should be [in a higher position]."
I later learned that the people in her position complain about how useless and incompetent she is in her existing position. She also once said to me that I'd be so pretty if I'd wear make up. She even told me that a now-mutual friend (who's also sick of her shit) said that to her, about me. It was questionable at the time, but recently, the friend assured me it would never remotely occur to her to say anything like that. So why does this woman--unsurprisingly a 45 supporter--do this? Why does she feel the need to just make things up about what other people say?

Please stop whining about the sacrifices of parenthood.

So much to say (though I've already said much of it--see below) about feminism and weight.

I really feel for both people, this is such a heartbreaking story. I've written before and linked to pieces about feminism and weight (and written about associated complexities).

No comments: