Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday roundup (crazy, right?!)


You really can fit all the planets in the solar system between the earth and the moon.

I half-sympathize with the letter-writer who wishes her husband would just take the reins once in a while, though I do disagree with the beta-male/"be a man"/girly characterization. I sympathize because I've dated the "omega" male, who never takes any initiative, but her husband seems to helpful overall to be that guy.

Women have been rebelling through sexy Halloween costumes since Victorian times.

I had mentioned this in my last roundup but forgot to link to it: two columns about men trying to reassure their wives/girlfriends that they look good at their respective weights. The guys are well-meaning, and the advice columnists do a good job explaining that it's not really about what they think.

Do you get jealous when your friends befriend each other?

This is what I was rambling about before: restaurants who welcome vegans, also welcome others. Smart restaurants don't want to turn away groups of people with vegans among them.

This pretty much explains Gracie.

No comments: