Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday (yawn) morning roundup

Hey all. (Yawn.) You know how sometimes I say, 'I was really tired but I'm so glad I went to this thing last night'? Well, this isn't one of those time--the thing sucked. Anyway, here's your roundup:

What'd I tell you about not going over there with your church group? It's good that aid workers feel comfortable being vocal about how not to help.

Israel's relief efforts force some self-reflection.

Is criticizing the Times fashion bloggers for complimenting women on their curves a form of killing the messenger?

I know this is petty--in fact, I've only read the last paragraph because that's how much I don't care--but could someone tell the writer, and Elizabeth Edwards, that ending sentences with prepositions is perfectly acceptable, often better, and certainly nothing to get sanctimonious about.

No comments: