Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday evening roundup and response to comment

Okay, this is coming from someone with a gazillion muffin tins: STOP THE MADNESS. Enough is enough. Besides, I'll take the baklavah any day. Here's more madness that needs stopping.

Any surprise that the dude in question is gross? It always amazes me when men think women dress the way they do--whatever way that may be--on their account. We all know that most straight men aren't discerning enough for it to matter.

Did whoever invited her to speak expect trenchant analysis?

I just saw this, and it is very sad. The town hall crazies are officially dangerous and they've taken their first victim. Just tragic.

No. I draw the line. Flexibility can be good. Mil-mil relations with Burma would be BAD. You don't do mil-mil engagement with militaries that, for example, kidnap children to use as child soldiers.

***
One thing for which no one should ever apologize on these pages is ranting about the food system. Bring it on.

Sigh. RM just knocked on my door--and proceeded to walk in--to "say hello." Like I said, I give up.

In good news, the cafeteria at work is switching over to local and sustainable/organic food when possible! Cage-free eggs, too.

I went to hear a guest lecturer at work today. A couple of rows behind me in the auditorium, which was sparsely populated, two guys sitting across a pretty wide aisle from each other consistently whispered to each other. It was about what the guy was saying, but still. I consistently shot them dirty looks; that didn't help. Some people.

No comments: