Monday, July 6, 2009

Karma

One of my friends/former coworkers responded to the turkey incident with, 'he was attacked by one of his own kind.' Quite true.

But Jay pointed out that it's bad karma to rejoice in another's injury. Which is true. Which is why I'm trying to stop.

In my defense, I'm not so much rejoicing, much less at the man's pain. I'm just struggling not to be amused.

***
Another thing I should not do, in the name of karma, is gloat about my electrical bill. We ran the AC a couple of times last month, and many other times I had the ceiling fan on in my room all night. My roommate does laundry more than once a week (I don't begrudge him that but I don't understand it, either, but that's another issue). Anyway, my bill is $25.91.

And here's the karma: my phone is a piece of crap and I HATE it. It looks fancy--and every time I took it out this weekend Jay, who is a phone wh*ore, kept oohing and aahing... but the interface really sucks. And while it was closed, it had dialed, in my purse, the last number that had called me... which was an Australian cell phone. And stayed on for twenty minutes. So while Jay has to get his blackberry stolen in London to rack up serious charges, all I have to do is have a crappy phone.

No comments: