Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday evening roundup and ramble

What a great day to bike to work! The Metro was apparently a big clusterf*, and by the time I left the office, there was very little traffic. Besides, I was caught in a Metro clusterf* just over a week ago when the station flooded, and Metro demonstrated its ineptitude at crowd management. I was in the city (two hours later) before I found out what had actually happened. But I digress: no clusterf* for me today, although it was a bit scary when the building started shaking--we were all really confused--but we got to chill outside until they assured there was no structural damage. I was happy to come home to find everything intact--a few things had fallen off their shelf, but nothing broke.

I was initially going to just post about inconsiderate movie-goers until I saw the rest of these complaints. The standers-on-the-left will always be an irritant to commuters everywhere, and I may add clueless Mall tourists who don't look around before they walk right in front of your bike. But I agree--representing mom here, too--about water wasters. Can we talk about food wasters, too? And yes, I hate charity solicitations at the supermarket, and tip jars in all the wrong places. There was one at the bike shop, and I thought, are you f*ing kidding me? I'd reverse-tip you if I had the opportunity, given that I've had to make four trips instead of two because you didn't actually test my bike before giving it back to me the first time, and then, when I came back to deal with the new problem, the person who could fix it on the spot--and he insisted that they'd fix it on the spot--wasn't there. So take that tip jar and shove it.

Dave Letterman turns a death threat into great copy.

I think philosophical therapy is an awesome idea.

No comments: