Monday, August 22, 2011

Phone call (again)

A.: Hello?
Mom: What, are you asleep?
A.: Why are you calling me if you think I'm asleep?
Mom: Really, you're asleep at this hour?
A.: Are you calling just to ask whether I was asleep?
Mom: I'm just wondering. You didn't answer the phone immediately.
A.: No, I'm not asleep.
Mom: My Skype disappeared.
A.: No it didn't.
Mom: Yes it did.
A.: Remember this happened last time and I fixed it, easily, over the holidays? But I can't fix it from here.
Mom: No, this is different. It really disappeared.
A.: It can't have.
Mom: It's asking me for a password.
A.: Then put in your password.
Mom: I never had a password.
A.: You had to have a password.
Mom: Then it says it can find my password, but it doesn't. It asks me questions.
A.: It has to make sure you're you.
Mom: Well, I don't know.
A.: Mom, I can't fix it from here. Find your password. I know dad writes them down.
Mom: We never had a password!
A.: Yes, you did.
Mom: I don't know. I think this is more serious.
A.: I don't think so.
Mom: It's just not starting up.
A.: Mom, what do you want me to do from here?
Mom: I don't know.
A.: Okay, then. Tell dad to find the password.
Mom: Fine. Goodnight.
A.: Goodnight.

No comments: