Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Friends don't call friends when they're sick

Mom: Have you called Martha and asked her whether she's feeling better?
A.: Now, why would I do that? She's likely sleeping.
Mom: You should call her.
A.: I'll send her an e-mail. [I was not about to say, I asked her in the blog]. I just know that when I'm not feeling well, I don't want to talk to anyone. I'm either sleeping, or my throat hurts, or both, and I don't have the energy for social graces.

So my mom meant well--see November blog-- when she tried to talk to me when I had no voice; she just wasn't picking up the hints that I didn't want to talk. She said something else suggesting I wasn't a good friend until I called Martha. I shrugged.

***
Pilates this morning

Mom: Your legs are at an angle. They should be straight.
A.: I'm doing the more challenging variation.
Mom: You have back fat! You never used to, I used to be able to see your ribs [when you bent over during yoga or pilates].

***
A.: I agree with you; at this point, I don't need any more suits.
Mom: Unless you get fatter.

***
Mom: [Family friend] has gained weight, too.
A.: Why have you latched on to everyone about their weight???
Mom: I'm just being observant.

No comments: