Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday morning roundup

What are the ethical implications of disaster tourism?

Ari Emanuel's sound advice.

Did I tell you that, last season, I hated every show at a certain theater (I'd subscribed, having really loved their productions in the past)? I should have known that there would be a problem when the creative directors talked about how all the best work was coming out of one neighborhood in Brooklyn. This isn't a slam on Brooklyn; it's a slam on creative directors who need to get their heads out of their @$$es. There are, indeed, writers who don't live there.

It's not just me. Even Carolyn is surprised:
I’ve been at this gig for 15 years and still, somehow, I can be surprised by the abundance and variety of ways people find to treat their supposedly-loved-ones like dirt.
I'll take Carolyn's response to the second letter as yet another affirmation that some distance is good for mom and me.

No comments: