Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ecumenical Wednesday morning

I do not like Mitt Romney. I don't want him to be president--although he's the lessest (i.e. least) of his party's evils. I think his behavior as bishop was despicable, as are other acts described in that article. But I can't sanction tarring all Mormons with the most ridiculous BS of their coreligionists. Every religion has it's crazy. We can't go point to that crazy and say, "this means that every believer is crazy." Maybe I'm brainwashed--I know a fair amount of Mormons, and they're awesome people. Maybe I'm sympathetic, because I don't want to be held responsible for the level of crazy, current or historical, of either Jews or Russians. And I doubt all Buddhists want to be associated with Sri Lanka's genocidal Buddhists. We could go on with every denomination out there, and examples of associated crazy people and crazy acts. But let's hold Mitt Romney accountable for his bullshit, not for his religion.

No comments: