Tuesday, December 28, 2010

One gets fat

Mom: The problem with your diet, is that from that kind of thing, one gets fat.

Pause

Mom: Do you hear me?
A.: Yes.

***
It was a late morning for me and an early one for mom--she's sleepy but felt like getting up--which put me in the living room, lifting weights, at the same time that she was in the living room, sorting through her papers and stuff.

Mom: You know, you really have started to put on weight.

Later

Mom: Your exercises are too muscle-oriented. You should take care of your bones.
A.: Weight-baring exercise is very good for one's bones.
Mom: You used to do yoga.
A.: I still do yoga.
Mom: I'm just saying.

***
Mom: Did you put anything on your face?
A.: No. Why?
Mom: It looks really good. One might even say 'porcelain.'

Okay, my skin doesn't look that good, but I'm trying to leverage mom's admiration for it so that she quits harping on my "diet."

No comments: