Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blair Witch jogging suit

Mom called me at 9:20pm.

Mom: You're not asleep yet?

One of these days, it will occur to me to ask why she calls when she thinks I may be asleep.

A.: No.
Mom: Could you call me on Skype?
A.: Why?
Mom: I want to show you this jogging suit I bought you.
A.: Could we do this later?
Mom: Well, I'd like to know whether I should return it.
A.: Sure.

***

Mom takes a few minutes to figure out how to make the camera work. It takes Dad several iterations to understand that they are not able to see me because I don't have a camera. I can't really see the jogging suit; the resolution isn't great, especially because their handling of the camera is Blair-witch like. I don't bother saying that I don't need a jogging suit-- we all know how those conversations go. I ask them to stop moving it because it's giving me a headache. It's nice to see them on camera, once the camera stopped moving.

No comments: