Thursday, November 22, 2007

About 1 to 1.5

A.: Let me e-mail them and ask whether the 20 Euro airport transfer is per person or per party.
Kate: Well, in any case, 20 E isn't very much...
A.: This is what I keep trying to tell you: it is to me... the dollar isn't worth a lot right now.
Kate: What's the exchange rate right now?
A.: About 1 to 1.5.
Kate: F*ck!!
A.: I'm saying. It's one-to-one with the Canadian dollar.
Kate: I didn't realize it'd gotten that bad. Maybe we really should have gone to South America.
A.: As Europe goes, Greece and Turkey are among the least worst destinations.
Kate: We'll go to South America next time.
A.: Let me figure out where Thessaloniki is... argh!!!! it's in Greek!
Kate: What sight are you on?
A.: Google maps!
Kate: And it's in Greek?
A.: You'd think there'd be an option to show the place names in English. I can't read Greek. I suppose this might be a good time to learn.
Kate: I can't get them in English either. It's supposed to be a four-hour train ride to Athens...
A.: I'm sure I won't mind hanging out in Thessaloniki... once I figure out where it is.

No comments: